1. Venue - where is the event taking place and what is included in the package? Do you get door, percentage of bar sales, or both?
2. Marketing - your events will not be succesful if you do not tell people you are having one. With the world of social networking, viral marketing and word of mouth, you can almost market on little to no budget. Of course the larger your budget, the more apted to success your event will experience.
3. Talent - What is the intention of your event? Are you showcasing talented people, raising funds for a cause, or just wanting to throw a party and make money? Be clear in the purpose of the event. This ultimately gives you direction on your marketing.
4. Patrons - Who are your patrons? Are focusing on a niche market or going for a large general audience?
5. Insrance - Just like when you own a home or car, always cover your assests. Most promotional teams should really have their own production insurance even if the venue has insurance. Besides the patrons you have staff, and talent to protect.
6. Money - bottomline it takes money to make money. Be clear in your budget for your events. Follow through with your budget plans and watch costs!
7. Accomidations - when you hire talent for your events make sure they are fully taken care from the beginning to end. Plane tickets, Hotel rooms, contracts, meals, credintials and all the above. Depending on the size of the event and needs for talent should always be customized to the event.
8. Contracts - always have a contract with venue, talent, employees, rental houses and any other agreement made to produce your events. I don't know how many times I have seen people and events unsuccesful due to lack of or imcomplete detailed contracts.
9. Purpose - what is the event being created for? Follow through with any conceptual plans and experience them in reality.
10. Leadership - Early in the process, define everyone's role and your expectations for that role.
There are definetly m any more factors that can be included in your event, but this should be enough to get you started.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3